Monday, May 16

I Hate Work

I usually love my job. It's probably as close to perfect as a job can get. But there are some days I don't like it. Today was one of those days. I was getting ready to go back in to work when Rowan brought me his jacket and asked "bye-bye?" I told him he wasn't coming with and he hung his head. Last Thursday, he woke up before I left for work. We snuggled on the couch for a few minutes, then I had to go. I bent over to give him a kiss and he patted the couch beside him. "Sit down," he said. I lost it and started bawling. I know I can't always be with him, but it's so hard to leave him when he wants me to stay.

2 comments:

  1. I don't work yet but when I leave for school Riley cries and I can hear her banging on the door from the inside. It breaks my heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me sad too! There is just something about being a Mom and wanting to be the only one who takes care of your kids. Like you said you realize you can't be with them all the time but I think that Mom instinct just never goes away.

    ReplyDelete